Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users through your activation, use and operation of your device, including the features enabled by the Pintrac Service Plans. We may also use third-party service providers to collect information from you on our behalf. Information collected includes information
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number (“Personal Information“); and/o
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type (“Non-Personal Information“).
Certain information may not be Personal Information when standing alone (e.g., your IP Address), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your name).
If you create a user account, we will collect your contact details including, First name, Last name and email address. Your pet location address is collected. While your information is secured with us, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes or disclose or share your information with anyone unless you authorize them to use by sharing your pets location with friends and family. We recommend you strongly to advise invited users not to use personal information for any purpose without your approval.
You can log into your user’s profile and correct, amend, or delete information about yourself by deleting the associated pet trackers.
a. Information You Volunteer
We may ask you to provide certain information in order for you to use certain features and create an account with us. The Pintrac App also allows you to store in your Pintrac Account certain content about you that may contain Personal Information. Personal Information we may ask you to provide or that you may choose to store includes:
- Your first and last name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, physical address and company name;
- Any Personal Information contained in the content uploaded, saved and stored by you in your Pintrac Account or Pintrac App.
- Your first and last name, e-mail address, billing and shipping address, credit card information and any other information necessary to complete the transaction.
b. Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including purchase history, traffic data, location and geographic data, logs, other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
- Information about your mobile and other device(s), if you have an active Pintrac Service Plan, information about your usage of the cellular network in connection with the Tracker Device.
- Navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”) may be used to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the information for which you searched and viewed.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site also may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Pintrac, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Pintrac Service Plan; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our services.
- Analytics. We use third-party analytics services to better understand how users interact with the Site. These services provide Non-Personal Information, including but not limited to, data on how online users reached the Site, what actions they took on the Site, how long they spent on the Site, and where users went online when they left our Site. Our customer support service provider may gather analytics information from you which may consist of the feature and functions of the customer support service you use, your domain name, your username and IP address and additional information required to detail the operation of the function and the problem or issue, which may include elements of Personal Information.
Information Collected Through Use and Operation of Your Tracker Device
Once you activate your Tracker Device and for as long as you maintain an active Pintrac Service Plan in good standing, your Tracker Device will automatically connect to and transmit certain data to the cellular network of your service carrier, to enable certain features of the Tracker Device, such as location and activity level tracking. Information transmitted to the cellular network and/or collected and stored may include:
- Device Usage Information. When you access the Pintrac App from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number.
- Direct Adjustments to the Tracker Device and Settings. We collect any setup information you provide and direct adjustments to the device, such as settings.
- Environmental Data. If you enable the “Temperature Alerts” feature in the Pintrac App settings and your dog is wearing its Tracker Device, we will transmit and collect data from sensors in the Tracker Device that record data on the ambient temperature of the dog’s environment. We store this data in your Pintrac Account and stop collecting this type of data when you change your settings to deactivate the feature.
- Location Data. In the Pintrac App settings, we will transmit and collect location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and longitude) or similar information regarding the location of the Tracker Device, or we may be able to approximate the Tracker Device’s location by analyzing other information, such as IP address. We store this data in your Pintrac Account and stop collecting this type of data when you change your settings to deactivate the Lost Dog feature. Please note that if you are with your dog when the dog is wearing the Tracker Device, the GPS data we collect may also indicate your location and be considered Personal Information of yours.
- Bluetooth Data. Our Tracker Device uses Bluetooth and may broadcast an identifying signal wirelessly to connect with your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices. The Tracker Device uses Bluetooth technology at all times to verify its proximity to the Accessory known as the “Base Unit” and to your mobile device, which allows you to operate certain features of the Tracker Device.
- Wi-Fi Network Information. We collect information about your use of Wi-Fi with the Tracker Device, primarily to identify the location of the Tracker Device when it is in proximity to a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Information Collected by your Third-Party Wireless Service Carrier. Your third-party wireless service carrier may collect information related to your use of the cellular services under your Pintrac Service Plan that is created by the cellular network, including, without limitation, the mobile identification number issued by the third-party wireless service carrier to identify you, and location information, including end user, cell site and Wi-Fi information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To notify you about new products, programs, activities or services We offer or, in our discretion, about changes to any products, programs, activities, services or policies.
- To create a Pintrac Account for you with your consent.
- To allow you to access customer support services and enable us to handle customer issues and requests.
- To enable certain features of your Tracker Device.
- To notify you about changes to our Pintrac Service Plans or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To store information about you and your preferences, allowing us to speed up, customize and improve your user experience with your Tracker Device.
- If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link or pop up chat feature to help us respond appropriately to your questions, comments or requests and store such information in order to improve your user experience.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and for any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing Your Information
We may share or sell Non-Personal Information (including aggregated, de-identified information) about our users with partners and the public in a variety of ways without restriction.
Do Not Track. Pintrac engages in the collection of information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party online services (“tracking”) to the extent that such information is collected by our web analytics service, currently Google Analytics.
As of the effective date of this policy, the Google Analytics terms of service prohibit the tracking, collection or uploading any data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, e-mail address or billing information), or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Google. We do not track visitors to the Site over time and across third-party Sites outside of Google Analytics. We do not have a separate policy for responding to browser-based Do Not Track signals.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties We use to perform services on our behalf and otherwise support our business and/or the Site or Social Media Channels, including without limitation for payment processing and customer service.
- If you make an order or purchase products from our Site or Pintrac App, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. If you create a Pintrac Account, your name, billing and shipping address and the last four digits of your credit card information can be stored with your consent. We do not collect or store your full credit card information. Our credit card processing service provider, Stripe, will collect and store full payment card information from you, even as a guest user, when an order is placed until when it ships. If you elect to have payment card information saved for future transactions, Stripe will store your payment information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pintrac’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Pintrac about our Site, Pintrac App, Pintrac Service Plans are among the assets transferred.
- To governmental agencies, law enforcement, or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or any other governmental investigation. We may do so when: (a) permitted or required by law; (b) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; (c) investigating fraud which has already taken place; or (d) otherwise cooperating with a governmental investigation. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pintrac, its employees, its customers or the public.
- To third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. The following mechanisms are available to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Pintrac. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address and other contact information used by Pintrac to promote our products or services, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out of receiving such communications. You may also use the opt out link at the bottom of the promotional e-mail. If We have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may click on the opt out link at the bottom of the e-mail and follow the opt out directions.
- Opt Out. You may contact email@example.com to opt out of certain uses of your Personal Information, however, this may impact your ability to use certain features of the Site.
- California Residents. From time to time We may disclose certain Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of such Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information about you that Pintrac has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request; (b) the names and addresses of such third parties; and (c) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Pintrac, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pintrac respects the confidentiality of its customers, users and guests. We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the Site or Pintrac App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you in a method and manner required by law in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances. Delays in notification may occur while necessary measures are taken to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system(s) as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede an investigation.
Applicable Law/International Issues
Children Under the Age of 18
The Digital Services and Social Media Channels are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at pintrac.com.
Linking from E-mails
Our e-mails may contain links to other third-party sites that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party site. If you follow a link from our e-mails to another site or application, that site or application’s privacy policies will govern any information that site or application collects about you. Please note to review the privacy statement at your destination before submitting any Personal Information.
Third-Party Wireless Service
Hosting Provider Terms
Our Digital Services are hosted by a third-party hosting provider, Amazon Web Services, Inc. Use of your Personal Information is also subject to our hosting provider’s policies. To review this hosting provider’s policies regarding your Personal Information, please visit Amazon Web Services, Inc. site
Either Pintrac or you may demand that any dispute between Pintrac and you about or involving your use of the Site, Pintrac App, or Pintrac Service Plans must be settled by arbitration utilizing the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in San Diego, California, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Pintrac from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This document was last updated on March 19, 2019.